Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many deleted pcv?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 11:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many deleted pcv?

How many have you just deleted the pcv and just run a straight up breather? I know most strictly track guys do, but how many street guys? From what I read on here I think Im the only guy thats running breather on a street/strip car. Ive had no problems at all, I dont know what everyone is scared of yeah yeah my rings my rings positive pressure boo hoo, Im not looking for the car to last over 100,000 Ill be to old then and probably have a boss or wife I mean. I dont know but I doubt these engines make so much pressure that a breather setup cant handle it, Ive seen failed pcv valves on friends f-bodies and than ran good and they had no idea the valve was seized up. Id rather be worry free in knowing that I aint burning a drop of oil or glazing my intake with it. Let me know guys whose has deleted the pcv totally and is running breather or breathers, feel free to explain your setup and your results. Thanks Again
Old 05-04-2004, 12:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am just running one breather on mine. I have the ARE covers and just drilled a hole on the passenger side cover and stuck one in it. So far so good, i really don't see any problems with doing this, i have heard that oil will blow out of the breather but so far no signs of that, also the guys at ARE and ESP have both told me they have ran them like this before with no problems. Only time will tell the true tale.
Old 05-04-2004, 12:52 AM
12 Second Club

This weekend I just conveted my PCV to the LS6 system. Along with that I removed the vent tube that ran to the throttle body and installed a breather. I think this creates a nice medean between the LS1 PCV system and not running one at all.
Old 05-13-2004, 04:09 PM
Launching!

I'm thinking of just running a breather. I'm not really wanting to cut my block or burn oil. A breather sounds like a good idea to me.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:14 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm running dual breathers on my street/strip setup. I have recently started to burn some oil and that has me concerned.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Take A Look At My Website I Followed An How To That Took 20 Min And Cost Like 20 Bux An Permantely Fixed The Problem The Right Way