Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lq4 injector swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 06:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lq4 injector swap

I'm in the midsts of a no-start lq4 swap. Im going to soak the injectors try to get them going.

If that doesn't work I'd like to go to larger new injectors. I've heard the stock injectors are marginal. At the moment it is just a bolt on swap motor with typical junk. Headers, CAI, larger MAF and TB. Are there any direct swap drop in fuel injectors i can go with that could handle a cam/head or forced induction build down the road? I'm running a pretty healthy fuel pump, trans is built up etc. so I'd rather not drop $800 on stock injectors that'll be replaced at some point in the next 2-3 years.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look into the white 36lb injectors. They should flow around 42lbs on an LS motor. I think they were originally designed for a Pontiac GTP.

You can usually find a set of 8 for around $100-150 on eBay. I'm running them on my setup, which is far from stock.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:48 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 67rally
Look into the white 36lb injectors. They should flow around 42lbs on an LS motor. I think they were originally designed for a Pontiac GTP. You can usually find a set of 8 for around $100-150 on eBay. I'm running them on my setup, which is far from stock.
Indeed. I ran them in my Camaro and was at 77% IDC at WOT. Great injectors; same as they used in the ASA program.

But remember, you need a tune for them, or else you'll wash out the cylinders.

Note on the ones from eBay- definitely start and let the motor idle. If you don't see around 300* on the primaries, you have a dead injector.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let me know how it goes....
Here are some Green Giants on Ebay I've been eyeballing.....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181192241293...84.m1423.l2649

I just started an LQ9 swap but I'm gonna start it on the 24lb-ders....just to get everything running. I've seen people do that and drive it around for months untuned....

Can't you just spray some starter fluid in the TB to see if it fires? I've seen that before....even on top fuelers.

Quick Reply: lq4 injector swap