Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noise is driving me crazy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 10:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise is driving me crazy!!!

I just got my headers, y pipe and port and polished maf installed and everything has been fine...no wierd noises, everthing has been fine....
Then all of a sudden today while driving back from annapolis, (live near DC), I stop at a a mini mart and turn her off. Then when I come back and start her up, there is a wierd squealing/clicking noise coming from the engine bay. It is coming from the left side of the engine somewhere next to the intake manifold. I have never heard this noise before and it sure doesnt sound good , dont know if anyone knows what im talking about but if you do I could use some help. Thanks
Old 05-09-2004, 12:10 AM
Launching!

Break out that big *** old screw driver that looks like a flat head screwdriver for the ACME company and start listening on stuff. Put the flat head on various engine parts put your ear on the handle and listen through vibrations and noises maybe you could find it. Could you maybe narrow it down a little bit give some more info. The only thing I can think of when I think squealin is pulleys and belts and maybe even water pump failure but you probably notice that Im not sure.............let me know. Good Luck
Old 05-09-2004, 12:10 PM
12 Second Club

Do you headers have EGR/AIR provisions? It could be a leak from one of them if you do.
Old 05-09-2004, 04:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ticking maybe from a header leak. Squealing usually comes from the belt, not up next to the manifold as you said. Is it a pulsing squeaking? If so, how fast? Same with the ticking, how fast is it?