Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

different exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 07:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default different exhaust

i now have Mac mids and carsound cats with 3 inch pipe and a single chamber flow that is dumped where the stock muffler is.
i want to go back to my stock tips and keep it as loud as possible and still keep the cats. i have a cut out already so i dont need one of those. what is going to be the loudest muffler for me with keeping the stock tips....
Old 05-10-2004, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I think hooker and Magnaflow sell a muffler that is similar to the stock one, so I guess you could cut your stock exahust piping off as close to the muffler as possible and "tack" weld it onto the new muffler and retain the stock tips that way. If you go this route like I did on my '97 TA be prepared to do some adding or subtracting to the exahust pipe you cut off to make it fit and look like it came stock....hence why I said tack weld (a tack weld is just a quick little dot of weld that can easily be cut off to move things where you want it). It's nothing a good exahust shop shouldn't be able to do for like 50 bucks