Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ProComp/Speedmaster parts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 10:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ProComp/Speedmaster parts?

Has anyone deal with this company before or bought and used their parts?

They seem to have a handful of less expensive LS parts floating around their catalog that might be worth trying out.

Should I stay away?
I know you get what you pay for, but they seem to have been around for quite a while.

http://store.speedmaster79.com/p-243...old-satin.aspx
Old 02-02-2014, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lots of people on this site have their head studs, including me. It's mostly knockoff Chinese stuff. That intake you show is an unfinished Professional Products Typhoon.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Pro-Comp, Speedmaster, and related companies/brands are cheap off shore knock offs of American products. They are well know for things like core shift, casting flash, and parts breakage. I wouldn't use those parts on my car if they were free.

The other issue is that they're copies of American company parts - like Edelbrock, Holley, etc. They let those American companies spend millions in R&D, and then just copy the parts. That's the other reason I won't use them. Some people say it's political. I say it's self preservation. If Edelbrock does all the R&D and then we all buy the Pro-Comp stuff, Edelbrock either stops developing new parts or goes under altogether.

Then where will we be? The only new technology will come from the factory. And that won't be much because they don't have any competition.

Never buy cheap parts. They're too expensive.

Quick Reply: ProComp/Speedmaster parts?