Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory Tensioner Pulley or MBA Tensioner Pulley?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 02:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Factory Tensioner Pulley or MBA Tensioner Pulley?

I have an issue with my tensioner pulley squeaking/ticking. It's quite annoying and has happened pretty much since I did my cam/ASP underdrive pulley swap. I thought maybe it was the tensioner setup itself, so I got a new Katech peice, but that did nothing. I can either go buy a new factory pulley from GM or maybe the new MBA Tensiorer Pulley which is here: http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...vid=3&pcid=113

Anyone have a recommendation? Is this new pulley worth it? I don't want to be buying a pulley every 10K miles when it wears out again.

Last question, does anyone have the GM part number for the tensioner pulley? Thanks...
Old 05-11-2004, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I never had a problem with my OEM tensioner/pulley, I recently purchased the MBA and its a really nice piece. I can't say which one will outlast the other.

What are you looking for the PN of the pulley or the Tensioner ?

If you want to have my old tensioner& pulley(I have 9800 on the odo) let me know, I'll give it to you for free (just pay shipping), just give me till Monday to test my new setup (starting the motor on Sunday).

Andy
Old 05-11-2004, 03:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Zero2Sixty
What are you looking for the PN of the pulley or the Tensioner ?

If you want to have my old tensioner& pulley(I have 9800 on the odo) let me know, I'll give it to you for free (just pay shipping), just give me till Monday to test my new setup (starting the motor on Sunday).
I'm looking for the part number of the pulley itself.

I was going to go off and buy one, but if you take PayPal, I'll just PayPal you the shipping and take your pulley. Beats having to buy a new one at $40+ at the dealership, I guess...
Old 05-11-2004, 03:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just PM your shipping info, we'll work the shipping chg's out later.