Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil catch can set-up correct?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 02:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil catch can set-up correct?

Hi, I have a L92 418 ci motor NA with catch can setup ( see pics). Is it attached correctly? itdoesn't seem to be pulling any oil, I added larger tubing for provide more flow, I can see light vapor in the line (like humidity) but that's it, I also have a crankcase breather,lot of oil vapor pumping out of that! I read ckpitt55 's post on catch can setup also. Any help or advice please. Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails oil catch can set-up correct?-cam00279.jpg   oil catch can set-up correct?-cam00278.jpg  
Old 02-05-2014, 03:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ting-ok-4.html

Post #70 is a diagrm showing how to route it. You will continue to leak oil out of an open breather no matter what. I would switch to an RX performance breather, it's a flow controlling check valve that won't allow oil to escape. That would take the place of the TB tube (green line) and become your fresh air.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:05 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Yeah, I don't like that setup. You're just running a breather on both valve covers essentially. Your catch can isn't doing much there.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BrntWS6
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ting-ok-4.html

Post #70 is a diagrm showing how to route it. You will continue to leak oil out of an open breather no matter what. I would switch to an RX performance breather, it's a flow controlling check valve that won't allow oil to escape. That would take the place of the TB tube (green line) and become your fresh air.
Would this setup eliminate the oil fumes that overwhelming fill the interior at times? Thsts a bigger problem at times. Thank you

Quick Reply: oil catch can set-up correct?