Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got My LS6 today, got some q's

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 09:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Got My LS6 today, got some q's

The intake came, slp ls6, and the gaskets weren't installed? I was assuming they were. What do i have to do to install the gaskets? just push them in? It seems as though i should put some sort of sealer on them? The "instructions" that it comes with doesn't even say anything about installing the gaskets. Well any help would be appreciated. Also, the coolant piping? Anyone have pictures of the new setup installed. Block off's etc. Thanks, this is my first time doing one of these so i'm just a bit nervous about doing everything right. And the clips for the pcv tube and everything i just switch over ? Thanks again
Old 05-11-2004, 09:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe everything should just switch over. I had an LS6 so I can't say for certain. One thing I can vouch on is the gaskets. They are a dry typr gasket so just line up the reference tabs and push them in. You will have to play with them slightly to seat right. I don't recommend pushing them in totally. I like to leave them out just about half way to allow the intake to seat them properly when you tighten it down.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.ls1howto.com has instructions on how to do this swap.