Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help With Install Situation...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 08:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help With Install Situation...

here's the dilemma, I'm currently a UTI student and figured i could work on my car as i please since they encourage us to bring in our cars and work on them, but i guess not. they don't want any major jobs being done to your car unless its a small job, (oil changes, brakes etc...) i just purchased an LS6 intake set up and SLP UD pulley, thinking i could install them at school... unfortunately its considered a big job and they think i can't finish the job in 4 hours, never did a intake swap on a ls1 before but I'm sure i could achieve it, another issue is that i currently live in a apartment which sucks because i was given a citation for working on my car last time installing my BMR control arms. so i ask anyone that reads this to please guide me to someone that can install these parts for a reasonable price, i would ask if i could rent a private bay/garage to do this myself from someone on here, but that really doesn't sound right because i don't know anyone on here, so please guide me to a local tech/mechanic that knows his stuff and will charge legit prices, thank you.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

post this in the western members section. you will get alot more help.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:34 PM
Teching In

thanks
Old 03-09-2014, 08:40 PM
TECH Resident

Thats incredibly gay of both the school and the apartment association. No most of the kids that come out of that school can only get a job at jiffy lube. Oh you want to try this job and learn something new about working on cars which is the whole reason you attend here? How about no. Im not understanding the rule in the apartment complex either thats something I've never heard of before. I hope you're able to figure something out man. Best of luck. DIY garages are rare but maybe theres one in your area.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:51 PM
Teching In

yea tell me about it, I'm kind of regretting i even attended this school but I'm already locked in so **** i might as well graduate and get my ASE certificate and hope i can use that to land a job somewhere
Old 03-09-2014, 10:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

As long as you have the correct tools to remove/install the crank pulley you can do it in 30 minutes, 1hr if you really take you time. I'm sure you could get the intake done in the remaining time as long as you again have all the tools you need along with a print out of how to do it correctly.
BTW, did you ask about doing them separately, on different days?
Old 03-09-2014, 11:21 PM
Teching In

yea i did ask to install one at a time but they think an fbody is a car for experienced technicians... i did a tune up on my camaro in about an hour or so during lab, and i guess that not enough to convince them being its a difficult car to do a tune up on with all the EVAP system and A/C being in the way ill just have to keep bugging them or try and do it on separate days, we should be in lab tomorrow so ill bring them with me and try again but I'm really anxious to install them and put them to use

Quick Reply: Please Help With Install Situation...