Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newer style LS2/LS3 coils on a LS1 Camaro will they work? Is there any gains?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 11:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newer style LS2/LS3 coils on a LS1 Camaro will they work? Is there any gains?

I have a complete set of LS2 Valve covers with coils and brackets, they came off a 07 vette with very low miles, anyway i would love to swap out my old ulgy LS1 coils off my 2001 SS or the vette coils.

The coils i have are the latest ones that were on 07 LS2's and all LS3 motors, even LSA and LS9 motors, there much nicer looking and even mounted to there coil valve cover brackets they look good.

it looks like the valve covers will bolt right up and the harness will plug right in, But i heard a while ago that maybe they wouldnt be compatiable with the older F-body ECM but im really not sure, i just wouldnt want to screw up anything for pretty much looks.

Not sure if there would be a Performance gain switching over to these coils but im thinking there would be because these coils are on boosted LSA/LS9 motors, and my car is Procharged too pushing 15 psi , So maybe they give off a stronger/hotter spark

Quick Reply: Newer style LS2/LS3 coils on a LS1 Camaro will they work? Is there any gains?