Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Muffler coming apart inside?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 09:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muffler coming apart inside?

I bought a used Hooker cat-back, had it installed, now a few weeks later I hear a lot of buzzing and rattling coming from the back of the car. I've checked clearances, etc, they seem fine. When I bang on the tips with my hand, you can hear something inside the muffler rattle around. Almost like if you dropped a marble and it went dink dink dink dinkdinkdinkdink (really slow to really fast sound).

I've searched on here and found some people having trouble with Corsa mufflers coming apart inside, but nothing on Hooker. Any advice? The only hole on the muffler not welded is the inlet, so I could try to take it off, but I dont know how much help that would be to the problem.
Old 05-15-2004, 11:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Funny, When I read the title I thought this was another Corsa problem

Not sure what to tell you, Im also not sure if Hooker honors replacements in a similar fashion to Corsa (get new one, send back old). Maybe call them up or drop them an email, did the owner happen to give you the receipt (unlikely but I have to ask) ?

Let us know what they (Hooker is manufactured by Holley I believe) say.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:49 AM
Launching!

Took the muffler off today, confirmed there's something rolling around inside of it. I shook it and shook it like crazy and couldn't get whatever it was to come out. Just kept rattling and rolling back and forth. Oh well, I'll live with it 'til I feel like ponying up $90 for a new Hooker muffler....yarrr....

Quick Reply: Muffler coming apart inside?