Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

maf sensor went bad.... wtf

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 03:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default maf sensor went bad.... wtf

well, i was on my way to the track and i went to start my car and it wouldnt start and acted like it was flooded or something, the i tried about 3 more times and the same thing, well, i pulled the lid and the maf off and the maf sonsor, one of the three sonsors was messed up and wasnt connected...

could that have made the car that bad to wear it couldnt even start??

good thing my g/f car was at my house and i just grabed her maf and maf ends and threw them on my car... lol... shhhh
Old 05-17-2004, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

ttt do i need a new one asap or will it be ok to drive?? j/w or could it be fixed somehow??
Old 05-17-2004, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

My MAF got wet and Threw the car into reduced engine power mode and it ran like crap. I replaced it and it ran fine. This is a 3.8, so it might be different. So TTT
Old 05-19-2004, 09:31 AM
Launching!

I went thru two MAFs on my car. The 1st one would cause the car to ping at WOT. The 2nd one caused a hard start then it would run. I thought I read somewhere that the car would go into a speed density mode with a bad MAF. The car will run "ok" but be down on power. Im a Ford parts guy/tech and Ive seen bad MAFs cause a car not to even start. Hope this helps.