Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sand in the radiator

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 10:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sand in the radiator

I took off my airbox today and saw that the top of my radiator has cells literally jammed with sand and small stones. Is that normal? Is there a way to clean it out?
Old 05-16-2004, 10:59 PM
wrencher

Water in reverse direction of air flow.
Do you do much desert driving?
Old 05-17-2004, 01:41 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there was a damn SOCK in my radiator when i bought the car. plus about 8 lbs of grass, looks like the girl who had it did about 30-40 donuts in a freshly cut hayfield. id say blast it outa there, use an air compressor first, then maby a pressure washer.
Old 05-17-2004, 02:45 AM
TECH Regular

OMG a sock? I'm afraid to even think about how that could have happened!

I am a little concerned about getting the water in there cause it is so close to pulleys/belts. I also would like to remove the fans before blasting the water through - can they be taken out from the top or do I need to get the car up and get under to remove them?

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
there was a damn SOCK in my radiator when i bought the car. plus about 8 lbs of grass, looks like the girl who had it did about 30-40 donuts in a freshly cut hayfield. id say blast it outa there, use an air compressor first, then maby a pressure washer.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:40 AM
12 Second Club

These cars seem to get all kinds of fun stuff stuck in front of the radiator. For a while I thought I was having problems with the radiator, and it turned out there was an "obstruction." There were seven plastic grocery bags sitting in front of the condensor in front of the radiator. That plastic air damn up front likes to suck up everything. I make sure to check it every so often now.

Quick Reply: Sand in the radiator