Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

turn signal problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turn signal problem

This seems kind of stupid that i cannot figure this out, but i could use some opinions on what this might be.

a few days ago my left turn signal when i turned it on, stopped blinking. First thing i thought was the bulb was out. checked teh front one...sure was. changed it out. I go to turn the signal on again but this time it came out but wouldn't flash. just yellow light that would stay on both the front and rear turn signals (driver side). I checked all the wiring and i had previously wrapped up the wiring in black loom and electrical tape to make sure i wouldn't get any shorts. and that doesnt seem to be the problem. i checked all my fuses...they are all in good shape...

any idea what might cause this? a few times it has worked. but most of the time i does not.

just seems like i'm missing something very simple but im not sure...

Thanks
Travis
Old 05-17-2004, 12:51 PM
Teching In

yeah man you need to change you flasher same thing happened to me
Old 05-17-2004, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok i just checked it agian today and my day time running light is out...that doubles as the turn signal too right?

this was just brought to my attention by a co-worker
Old 05-17-2004, 01:33 PM
Teching In

are your sockets ok this happened to me and my socket was all corroded from the water that gets in there. I eventually had to replace both front sockets.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

the sockets around the bulb? i haven't had a chance to dig in there, so ill take a look at that thanks for the tip. i've been keeping an eye on water inside the turn signals and head lights (both aftermarket replacements), and i haven't had any issues with the turn signals with water getting in. i did at first with the headlights but that has since then been fixed.
thanks for the input fellas
Travis
Old 05-18-2004, 01:42 AM
Teching In

I drilled a small hole in each turn signal case underneath where the bulb goes in so the water can get out and havent had any problems since. I did tis the same time I changed the sockets.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:26 PM
12 Second Club

Same thing happened to me, I replaced the flasher and good as new.

The flasher is under the steering column on the right side. Drop that panel under the steering wheel and replace it - get the heavy duty replacement at NAPA.

Bad30th