Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o2 simms and !AIR

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o2 simms and !AIR

i've done a few searches on the topic about removing my A.I.R system and i've foudn that some people have not had the SES light come on. FIrst off who has had the SES light not come on after removing their AIR system? and would o2 simms help keepthel ight off? I dont run cats and it would make sense to me that the rear o2's would be what monitors the AIR system to see if its working or not. im kinda stupid when it comes to stuff like this so if anyone can shed some light on how it works please lemme know.
Thanks in advance
Travis
Old 05-17-2004, 09:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe O2 simms will do nothing to prevent an AIR SES light, the two are not related. The SES light, i think, comes from when the PCM sees that there is no AIR system anymore... Not positive though.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so does the pcm read the AIR pump itself? or does it measure teh flow through that pump? cause im debating if i should do remove the air system or redo my restrictor mod cause im still getting a slight ticking noise under accelleration, the same noise i got before i did the restrictor mod