Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intakes anyone...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 03:27 PM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Default Intakes anyone...

I am currently planning my summer build. I am going to have a 382ci ls1 with TEA Stage 3 heads. I am looking for an intake that can help me reach 500rwhp on a Nat. Asp motor. I will be planning for a 90mm tb. Can anyone help me with an intake that will help me achive these numbers.
Old 05-21-2004, 04:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yak
I am currently planning my summer build. I am going to have a 382ci ls1 with TEA Stage 3 heads. I am looking for an intake that can help me reach 500rwhp on a Nat. Asp motor. I will be planning for a 90mm tb. Can anyone help me with an intake that will help me achive these numbers.
looks like you have very similar plans as i do, albeit much sooner then myself. i opted for the ls6 intake as i don't plan on having a motor push over 500 anytime soon. the lsx intake is supposedly very good for motors pushin big cubes, and can be ported itself, can port-match the runners, et cetera. do a search on ls6/lsx intakes, and you'll find the answers you're lookin for. just stick with a composite intake, the metal intakes get too hot.
Old 05-21-2004, 04:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have my LS6 intake that came on my car (01 Z28) but I also have a LS1 intake that I picked up dirt cheap (nobody wants them).

I'm in the process of gutting the LS1 intake (I cut the bottom off, cut the runner length down to 1/3 stock, and will then seal the bottom back up with a piece of plexy glass). I'm HOPING that the short/stright shot runners and HUGE plenum will allow my 388 to reach 500rwhp though I'm sure it will really cut the low end torque (don't care.....I already have WAY more torque than street tires/10 bolt can take).

Worse case I'll just use the LS6. I'm not about to spend $900 for a 90mm intake and then another $500 for a TB to match.....I'll put nitrous/save up for a Supercharger with that kind of money.