Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 intake install, now no a/c?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 03:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS6 intake install, now no a/c?

I just installed a new LS6 intake and coolent lines Wed night. I drove to work and figured I must have a vaccum leak. No problem, I did a search and found out a few things to look for and how to do it. So, I am on my way home when I turn on the A/C and it does not come on. My fan does not blow either. The A/C worked earlier in the day after the install. I figured since I had to look for a leak, I would just go ahead and do it over. Any ideas? I did install a new Oil pressure switch as I broke it like many others. I caught it with the hose pulling it out. Works fine. I think I found the leak was coming from the throttle body as when I took it off a bolt felt a little loose. It is hard for me to think the A/C could have just stopped working but I guess it is possible. I just thought I would ask it happened to anyone else.

I am not a total newbie here, so go easy. I did my cam and header swap with no problems really. I plan to do a head swap in the near futre and know this board an LS1howto.com will help me as they both did with my cam and header swap, as well as susp. mods. Thanks.
Old 05-21-2004, 04:02 PM
TECH Addict

Check the fuses for the fan/ac. Might also want to inspect the 4mm hose coming off the back of the intake manifold.
Old 05-21-2004, 04:14 PM
Launching!

I did a check on all the hoses and all were fine.
Old 05-21-2004, 04:24 PM
jmX
TECH Junkie

The tiny vacuum line on the back of the intake controls the air flow path of the A/C. If your ac is coming out on the floor vents, it is that hose that has come loose. This is fairly common.
Old 05-21-2004, 04:53 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the quick replys. I will make sure it is secure when I reinstall.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:25 PM
Launching!

All is well as I reinstalled everything, took it for a drive, came home and watched a movie. The car runs better than ever! I will have to take it to the dyno to see what kinda power I picked up. Not sure about peak power but it sure feels like it has picked up power all the way across the RPM range. Just feels smooth! Thanks again for the help as my A/C is also cooling!