Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New motor running rough

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 12:23 PM
Teching In

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default New motor running rough

So just got done putting in an LQ4 this past week. Car runs, but it's pig rich (10 MPG max), surges, idles rough, kr up to 9 at light throttle, and will stall occasionally. I just now noticed on my scanner that my MAP sensor is constantly reading 3.1 inHG; from idle to throttle. The shop put a "start-up" tune on it to break in the motor before it goes on the rollers. Would a bad MAP sensor cause all these issues? Or could it just be a crap tune?

Its also throwing a
P0101- Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Range/ Performance Problem
P0507- Idle Control System RPM higher than expected

Thanks
Old 11-11-2014, 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry mate, but once again I can't believe the mindset of some. Is it just a US thing due to the way you treat the Dyno.
Here any mods that will affect the tune, the car goes on the Dyno straight away so the tuner can do his thing.
No mail order tunes or something temporary, we get the car on the Dyno, no ifs or buts.
Old 11-11-2014, 12:43 AM
Teching In

Would have been nice but hasn't seen any actual logging besides my scanner. It'll be on the dyno next week so I guess I'll just take it easy till then.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Id have it checked asap. If its really rich it could wash the cylinder walls and you're gonna be in some trouble. Send some logs to the tuner or have him look at it in person.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:19 AM
Teching In

Well lets hope that's not the case. I'll just replace the MAP and see where it goes from there

Quick Reply: New motor running rough