Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Consumption Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 09:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oil Consumption Issues

In the past 2 weeks my low oil light has come on twice. Each time I checked the oil and I was over a quart low. The first time I thought it could have just been because I made 20 passes at the track that weekend and burned off alot oil cause my motor was running 5000+ rpms must of the time. Well, yesterday the light came on again and again it was a quart low. So I am pretty worried about it.
I have checked the garage floor & the coolant, there is no oil on either. So I am guessing that I am burning the oil.
I did the LS1 to LS6 PCV mod about a month ago and added a metco breather. I am assuming that I am still get oil consumption through the LS6 system, but I am going to pull the intake this weekend to find out for sure. Has anyone else had this problem after the swap? I guess I am goign to have to cluter up my engine with a catch can; from what I have heard the AMW one is really good. I really wanted to avoid that.