Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car keeps Dying

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 11:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Car keeps Dying

One day out of nowhere when I was driving, my car died on the in the parking lot as if the battery was running low on juice. I jumped off my car and the voltage went up to about 14-14.5. As soon as I disconnected the cables from either vehicle the car died in about 10 to 15 seconds. This was repeated about for five times before I decided to just say screw it. I have a 2001 Camaro SS and I have put three different brand-new batteries on my car along with three different alternators that have been remanufactured. The first two alternators that I bought from AutoZone were defective. I just bought an AC Delco from a dealership and it worked for about three hours. I had a system in my car but took it out a few weeks before this happened. It is a camel only car with an MS3 cam. I replace the bolts that go into the battery. I just took off the starter and had it tested and it came back good. It sounds like a short but I have no idea where to start looking or what it could actually be. I even checked all of my fuses inside and outside of the car. I don't have a live so I can't get underneath the car to see everything that well and even if I could, I'm not sure I'd see what the problem was unless I was told to look for something in particular. Someone please tell me what the hell is wrong with my car
Old 12-18-2014, 05:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 504 Likes on 388 Posts

Read this thread. This should take care of your alternator problem. https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...failure-s.html

Quick Reply: Car keeps Dying