Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on PRC 5.3 stage 2.5 heads for my set up.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 10:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on PRC 5.3 stage 2.5 heads for my set up.

Hey guys,
I have done a lot of research on heads but I also value your guys opinions seeing I'm not the most car savvy dude. Looking to upgrade heads on my 2002 trans am. I will list mods and #'s at the end of the post. Car is mostly a weekend street machine. Driven on nice days to cause a little trouble haha. My goals aren't super high and even in the future do not see going over 440hp. Prob be happy with around 425. Car has a smaller can that I plan to keep seeing that I purchased the car because it already had a lot of stuff done to it and was a great price. I might possibly go with a little bigger cam in the future but that's wayyy down the road. I just don't want to hamstring myself by my choice of heads. Thanks and I appreciate all and any input.

Car was built up by vengeance racing but purchased from the owner in the Chicago area.
2002 trans am 80k miles
A4 with yank stealth 2800 stall
Vengeance vrx2 cam 224/228. 581/588 LSA 114
ARH long tubes w/ catted y pipe
Hooker axle back with aero chamber
Stock ls6 intake
Vengeance ported/polished stock TB
Stock rockers w/ comp tri-union upgrade
Powerbond 25% under drive pulley
SLP cold air lid
Tuned by vengeance racing w/efi Live 388rwhp 359tq
Old 12-20-2014, 10:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I run those exact heads, and for the money I love them! I think they are a great bang for the buck type head, and would suite your needs on your setup
Old 12-20-2014, 03:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Can't go wrong with them. I've had them for over 7 years now and still putting down good power. Even going with a bigger cam down the road you'll be fine. I'm running a Torquer V3 (231/234 .643/598) in my set up. After seeing more and more head choices come out over the past few years and making roughly the same amount of power, I'm sold on them.
Old 12-20-2014, 06:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the the help so far. I'm going to have a shop in the Chicago area do the eventual install but I would like to purchase the parts myself. I know the basics that are needed for the swap (gaskets, ARP bolts etc.) just trying to get a parts list together and learn which parts are a must for the swap and which ones are not but still good to do while in there. thanks for helping out.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm glad I found this head. These are the heads I'm wanting to run with an MS3 cam. So this has been good info to have.

Quick Reply: Opinions on PRC 5.3 stage 2.5 heads for my set up.