Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 02:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PCV Question

Hey all, i have a question about my Pcv set-up. I have 98 Z28 with an LQ9 with l92 heads, l76 intake and a bluemax throttle body with no pcv fitting on it. Car is also speed density tuned. I am not sure what valley cover i have, but i don't see a pcv nipple on it. The way its set up now, all it has is two rubber hoses. One is coming off the back of the driver side valve cover and the other is coming off the front of the passenger side valve cover. The PCV port on the intake just after the throttle body is capped. Both hoses just run to the bottom of the car with no filters on them(Wont that allow crap and such into the engine?). The hose on the passenger side has oil moister and such coming out of it. The driver side hose is perfectly clean. I kind of want to convert back to a Pcv style setup instead of just the vented setup i have now. My question is, can i just connect the hose coming of the driver side valve cover to the port on the intake, and then just cape the passenger side valve cover Pcv port and install a breather filter on the oil fill tube?

Let me know what you think.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your going to want to run a pcv valve on the dirty side coming off the driver valve cover between it and the intake but beside that yes

Quick Reply: PCV Question