Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some help asap

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 07:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help asap

I have a 5.3 (unsure of the year) and I ordered what I thought were ls1 corvette accessories but nothing is lining up right and it keeps throwing belts on start. The crank pulley I ordered from summit for a 2000 corvette, the alternator bracket I got off ebay for a ls1 corvette, the alternator I also got off ebay for a corvette as the water pump. The tensioner is off of a 97 c5 corvette.
The crank pulley is installed to spec .96-.176. The belt is a 75" 6 rib belt and sits between the 2 marks on the tensioner. As soon as I start the car it jumps a rib on the crank pulley... I have already tried two tensioners. Here are some photos. Any ideas?

Old 02-17-2015, 08:04 AM
Staging Lane

Bump no one has an idea
Old 02-22-2015, 11:16 AM
On The Tree

looks like the alternator and the tensioner are back farther then everything else...... mayne about the thickness of a washer..... that being said you could try shimming behind the accessory bracket and the the tensioner and remeasure or put the belt on and try it... last gates does make an alignment tool that has a laser in it but not everyone wants to buy one if they only gonna use it once.

Quick Reply: need some help asap