Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle cable help

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 08:49 PM
Jwd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle cable help

I'm getting ready to install a 5.3 into my 66 c10. And I want to use the stock throttle body that uses the cable....but I can't picture in my head how to make that work in my truck....I though about buying a new TB that uses the TPS and installing a new pedal but I'm not wanting to spend that kind of money right now..... So does anyone have some info or pictures of how to do it? Thanks for any help
Old 03-02-2015, 09:47 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Any throttle body that has a TPS (throttle position sensor) will be cable actuated.

If you're considering a DBW (drive by wire) throttle body, you'll need a PCM and throttle controller for it, along with the wiring harnesses.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:32 AM
Jwd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 5.3 I got didn't come with the cable or brackets so I'm looking for like a factory replacement for the whole cable assembly. Do you know where I can find one?
Old 03-06-2015, 11:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

Your intake manifold might have the bracket on it. I don't know which year 5.3 you have but the 99-07 manifold are made for the bracket. The bracket new from gm parts direct is around $15. I have a 5.3 in a 1992 chevy pickup and I was able to use the 99-02 throttle cable to my gas pedal. I just had to open the hole up in the firewall for the cable to work. It has a plastic square that snaps into the firewall. That cable connected to my gas pedal.

Quick Reply: Throttle cable help