Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Price for cam and intake install?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 09:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price for cam and intake install?

I'm just looking for an estimate on what it will cost me to get my cam, intake, and headers installed on my 99 vette. I know prices are different everywhere but I just want a ballpark estimate and if anyone knows of a good place in Oklahoma city or near or Denver or Albuquerque or somewhere in North West Texas? Thanks I just want install estimate I will have all parts I need
Old 03-23-2015, 10:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jmrobinson
I'm just looking for an estimate on what it will cost me to get my cam, intake, and headers installed on my 99 vette. I know prices are different everywhere but I just want a ballpark estimate and if anyone knows of a good place in Oklahoma city or near or Denver or Albuquerque or somewhere in North West Texas? Thanks I just want install estimate I will have all parts I need
It's going to cost in the 2k area, hopefully you find a shop that can also flash a tune for the cam/headers, or even better if they have a dyno..

Vettes have a little more labor vs fbody's since they need the steering rack removed so you can pull the harmonic balancer out to access the front cover..
Old 03-23-2015, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Burken01
It's going to cost in the 2k area, hopefully you find a shop that can also flash a tune for the cam/headers, or even better if they have a dyno..

Vettes have a little more labor vs fbody's since they need the steering rack removed so you can pull the harmonic balancer out to access the front cover..
I'm planning on Texas speed to send me a mail order tune so I can get it running decent and dyno tune some other time
I just wanted to know what it would cost if I walked in with an Intake cam and headers what install would be
Old 03-23-2015, 04:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jmrobinson
I'm planning on Texas speed to send me a mail order tune so I can get it running decent and dyno tune some other time I just wanted to know what it would cost if I walked in with an Intake cam and headers what install would be
It's gonna cost a lot, $100/hr labor at any decent shop.

If you find a person local he can do it for less than half. But I would be careful since you want it done right the first time. Do a lot of research.

And you'll need a new timing chain, cam retainer plate, new springs, possibly a new oil pump or at the very least a fresh oil pump o ring.

Make sure you use OEM exhaust manifold gaskets with the headers, not the cheap black ones that come with some header kits

Quick Reply: Price for cam and intake install?