Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttel body and intake set up on 03 silverado

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttel body and intake set up on 03 silverado

Hi I'm new to the whole motor modifying thing and so I thought I'd ask a few questions.

I've got a 2003 Chevy Silverado 1500 with the 5.3. I've been looking at the edelbrock pro flow xt intake and would also like to put on a 95mm Holley throttle body. But I keep reading that the 03 and up Chevys have some type of electronic throttle body. And so I'm not sure if that throttle body would work.......Please help 😁

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-24-2015, 01:43 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You'll have better luck getting user feedback on performancetrucks.net. It mainly depends on your goals. If you're planning internal mods down the road, go big on the intake. The FAST truck intakes are excellent and, if you've got the coin, that will likely be your best option. As for throttle bodies, there is either drive by cable or drive by wire. I'm not sure which year they changed that, but look at your stock one. The difference is obvious. Order whichever one matches yours, but not before researching your options very thoroughly. Good luck.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

The existing intake and TB will support 400hp out of a 6.0.
Going to take more than a few mods to go over that.

Quick Reply: Throttel body and intake set up on 03 silverado