Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update on A/C issues for '99 Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 02:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on A/C issues for '99 Trans Am

My A/C is not blowing through the air vents from the dashboard and people are saying (the people on the forum.) are saying that their is a little canister by the PCM. I took a picture of it because their is no hose that connects to it or anywere. However, I put my finger over it and I feel a suction on my index finger when the car is on. Can this be problem on why my A/C is not blowing through my air vents? I followed every line but each line goes into a different direction and I found a line that goes above the brake booster, I followed it but it didn't appear to be going into the firewall. Anything else I can try doing?

Old 03-24-2015, 10:52 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Yes, that looks like a check valve and there is supposed to be an L shaped vacuum fitting connecting a line to it. That one on the top and one on the bottom (looks like it may be visible in the pic). Dig around for the other line - it's a small hard glossy black plastic hose.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RevGTO
Yes, that looks like a check valve and there is supposed to be an L shaped vacuum fitting connecting a line to it. That one on the top and one on the bottom (looks like it may be visible in the pic). Dig around for the other line - it's a small hard glossy black plastic hose.
Alright, I'll keep you updated. From what I've been gathering on my research with my problem. It appears that I'm missing the line that goes into the firewall from the check valve as people are mentioning. What I'm going to do today or tomorrow (since I'm at work.) I'll take off the HVAC controls and follow the line to see if it has any tears or rips in the process and to see also if the line has fell off the check vale or ripped off for whatever reason.

Quick Reply: Update on A/C issues for '99 Trans Am