Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fast 102 tb issues?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 08:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fast 102 tb issues?

I have a brand new fast 102 tb installed to go along with my fast 102 intake and im having a couple issues and am wondering if anyone has went thru this with a new fast 102tb! My first issue that is driving me insane is my tps sensor keeps going bad its went threw 3 of them since I got the car back together put it in gear idle is fine until I try to back up or go forward and the rpms start going all over the place and will stall multiple times put it in park and it idles perfectly....My second issue is a high idle it will do 40mph down the street without my foot on the gas come to a complete stop and its normal I was told by multiple people to by the nick williams but I didnt listen and bought the fast because it matched my intake and im ocd lol has anyone had these issues with this fast 102 tb or am I the first one?
Old 03-25-2015, 08:22 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fast 102 throttle bodies are notorious for having idle and other issues. Did you tune the car with the TB? Best bet is to return it and buy a Nick Williams 102.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yes the car was tuned with the tb on....this is some bs fast needs to do something about this issue 500 dollars on a brand new tb for my car to run like ****
Old 03-25-2015, 12:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's amazing how many issues people are having (myself included) with the FAST TB. I actually bored all the holes that air flows through with a step drill. It helped a ton but why can't they redesign the IAC ports? It clearly doesn't flow enough air for a car with an aftermarket cam.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I've done quite a bit of research on TB's, and I've seen enough to steer me away from the FAST TB's. Nick Williams TB's get great reviews, and everyone who has one seems to love it. If you go on the WS6 store website, they have RPM TB's (92mm and 102mm), so they might be worth a try, but you won't find anything on them in terms of reviews, experiences, etc.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:50 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slowwssix
Yes the car was tuned with the tb on....this is some bs fast needs to do something about this issue 500 dollars on a brand new tb for my car to run like ****
Tuned it and its still causing issues that sucks but sad to say not uncommon. What do you think your going to do return or drill it out?

Originally Posted by scotty2000ss
It's amazing how many issues people are having (myself included) with the FAST TB. I actually bored all the holes that air flows through with a step drill. It helped a ton but why can't they redesign the IAC ports? It clearly doesn't flow enough air for a car with an aftermarket cam.
The sad thing is you had to modify a part that is designed for our cars. Makes me wonder how Fast did the R&D on the TB's seeing as its an ongoing issue.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

If I were you OP, I'd sell it and buy a Nick Williams. It makes no sense to me to modify something that's supposed to be a 100% bolt on and go part, especially when you pay that much for it.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I've done quite a bit of research on TB's, and I've seen enough to steer me away from the FAST TB's. Nick Williams TB's get great reviews, and everyone who has one seems to love it. If you go on the WS6 store website, they have RPM TB's (92mm and 102mm), so they might be worth a try, but you won't find anything on them in terms of reviews, experiences, etc.
The ws6 store one looks exactly like a fast repop right down to the set screw. I would ask mike to make sure they enlarged the iac hole if not tread carefully
Old 03-25-2015, 04:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

After you ported yours there was no more issues? Your car doesnt go thru tps sensors or have the high idle issue ?
Old 03-25-2015, 04:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

I like the fact that it says fast on it like my intake thats the only reason I got it im ocd I like things to match but I wish I would have just bought the nw tb this is bullshit I cant beleive fast hasnt done anything about this issue!!! Am I going thru tps sensors because the opening is to small? My tuner ported the iac opening already a little bit so I cant return it and I.doubt someone will buy hopefully by him porting it.more it will resolve my issue! Once I replace the tps sensor it will stop stalling but still has the cruise control effect the last tps sensor I replaced lasted for a few days I took the car out twice and the rpms were bouncing all over stalling again I cant beleive those tps sensor go bad that fast
Old 03-25-2015, 04:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by slowwssix
After you ported yours there was no more issues? Your car doesnt go thru tps sensors or have the high idle issue ?
The problem I was having was on start up and idle hang. I messed with the set screw on the tb blade to let more air in. I'd get the start up spot on then once the car warmed up the idle would hang. Now with the holes opened up it starts better and the idle doesn't hang when I come to a stop light. My tuner was getting so annoyed with me. Had I listened to him and bought a NW I'd be good.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

The problem I was having was on start up and idle hang. I messed with the set screw on the tb blade to let more air in. I'd get the start up spot on then once the car warmed up the idle would hang. Now with the holes opened up it starts better and the idle doesn't hang when I come to a stop light. My tuner was getting so annoyed with me. Had I listened to him and bought a NW I'd be good.
Lol im going thru the same thing my tuner said the same thing I should have listened hes going to port it more hopefully it fixes my issue
Old 03-25-2015, 04:57 PM
11 Second Club

Did you do the TPS relearn?
Old 03-25-2015, 05:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Did you do the TPS relearn?
Yes do I have to do that every time it starts acting up? This is my 4th sensor now
Old 03-25-2015, 07:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Im.blown away fast hasnt corrected this issue
Old 03-25-2015, 07:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 01MAROONz2890

The ws6 store one looks exactly like a fast repop right down to the set screw. I would ask mike to make sure they enlarged the iac hole if not tread carefully
Well, then that's a no go. Looks like the Nick Williams is the only real good option here.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Well, then that's a no go. Looks like the Nick Williams is the only real good option here.
You don't think porting it more will help? What causes the tps to continue to go bad?
Old 03-25-2015, 09:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

the tps thing is not a fast issue. What tps sensors have you been getting. Maybe want to try acdelco. I've had a lot of issues with getting dead sensors right from the auto store. Every time ac delco parts fixed them and no issues since.

The enlarging may help it may not. Personally I would sell it at this point even lightly ported people will still buy it. The problem is that with the 102 blade being so big theres not a lot of room to enlarge the outer hole. The actual part the iac goes in can be hogged out quite big. However the small hole you see near the blade doesnt have that much room

The nw is the ticket man. I feel like a broken record saying this but I tried tuning my fast 92 tb for 2 weeks and never could get it right. I sold it and bought my nw 102, and had it running almost perfect in less than a day. when you see the two next to eachother you'll realize that even ported out to the max the fast is way smaller than the nw.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by redbird555
the tps thing is not a fast issue. What tps sensors have you been getting. Maybe want to try acdelco. I've had a lot of issues with getting dead sensors right from the auto store. Every time ac delco parts fixed them and no issues since.

The enlarging may help it may not. Personally I would sell it at this point even lightly ported people will still buy it. The problem is that with the 102 blade being so big theres not a lot of room to enlarge the outer hole. The actual part the iac goes in can be hogged out quite big. However the small hole you see near the blade doesnt have that much room

The nw is the ticket man. I feel like a broken record saying this but I tried tuning my fast 92 tb for 2 weeks and never could get it right. I sold it and bought my nw 102, and had it running almost perfect in less than a day. when you see the two next to eachother you'll realize that even ported out to the max the fast is way smaller than the nw.
I got the tps sensor from oreilleys it was the better one of the two with the lifetime warranty..this sucks I should have listened and got the nw from the start hopefully I can sell this fast tb soon I appreciate your response pal
Old 03-26-2015, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Not to beat a dead horse but I had a fast 102 do the exact same thing. Switched to a black NW102 and made some slight adjustments. Fixed my issues. I understand wanting to have it all match but I'd rather have the better drivabilty and less problems over matching.

Quick Reply: fast 102 tb issues?