Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 WS6 Idle Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 06:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 WS6 Idle Problems

Some background on the car is that it has been sitting since mid January, I started it every few weeks. Since it just got nice here in NY I drove it around last weekend no problem. Today I started it up and let it warm up before I drove off. As I was sitting in the car about to leave the idle dropped from 800 to about 300, just like it was going to stall, it caught its self and idle was back up to 800. I drove it around to block and at a stop sign same thing happened and the service engine flashed quick, but then went away. I drove it around for about 20 minutes and it seems to pick and choose when it does this, only at idle tho. Idle is noticeable rougher then normal. I just bought the car last August and haven't had a problem with it. The car is a 6 speed and has 73,000 miles. It is all stock besides a magnaflow cat back. I read it could be the IAC, I am going to check it out tommorow but I was wondering if anyone had any input. Thanks for your help in advance.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:15 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

You'll need to get it scanned. AutoZone will do it for free.

Where in NY are you?
Old 04-11-2015, 09:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in Nassau county. The engine light doesn't stay on, it only flashes when the rpm's fall. So I don't think there will be any codes.

Quick Reply: 2000 WS6 Idle Problems