Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TB, MAF, Airlid plumbing issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 02:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 357 Likes on 270 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year
Default TB, MAF, Airlid plumbing issues

Im having a pretty odd issue that I think I have narrowed down to the plumbing of these 3 components (silicone couplers) well I think Im drawing un metered air after the maf.

I remember having a hell of a time the first go around getting it all to fit in the distance between the TB and the airlid. Im running a holly 90mm, with a 85mm maf, and an air intake from stealth composites and it has an oval opening at the back of the lid. Seems like this narrows the gap between the TB and the lid and I would like to get something that fits a bit better this go around.

seems like the Maf itself takes up quite a bit of space, and it as to have a 45 degree bend on either end to hit connect to the tB or lid. Ill attatch some pics. But it seems that the bend going into the throttle body doesnt seal well with the maf because of the bend (im gonna do a smoke test to make sure of this) but after taking it all apart it seems like its just wedged into teh opening but not actually sealing.

anyone else run into this issue?
Attached Thumbnails TB, MAF, Airlid plumbing issues-img_20150518_202426958.jpg  

Quick Reply: TB, MAF, Airlid plumbing issues