Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 with LQ4 block?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 01:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question C5 with LQ4 block?

I have a 98 c5 with a 5.7(seemingly cammed, not positive because I bought it that way) and 6 speed, I'm pretty sure I have a spun bearing and am in the process of pulling the engine. I've read that all the LS1 parts(heads, cam, intake, accessories, oil pan, etc) can swap over to the LQ4, now my question is if I swap everything over will it work and if so will I need to tune the computer?
Old 06-27-2015, 02:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by jb300c
I have a 98 c5 with a 5.7(seemingly cammed, not positive because I bought it that way) and 6 speed, I'm pretty sure I have a spun bearing and am in the process of pulling the engine. I've read that all the LS1 parts(heads, cam, intake, accessories, oil pan, etc) can swap over to the LQ4, now my question is if I swap everything over will it work and if so will I need to tune the computer?
Lq4 engines come with a dished piston and will lower the compression vs the ls1 engine stock for stock..

If you mill the stock ls1 heads to try and get the lq4 CR close to what the stock ls1 CR it will be a better match, however I would still recommend getting a mail order tune at least..

And if you do swap everything over you'll need 4" bore head gaskets, not the ls1 gaskets.. Everything else will swap over.

Quick Reply: C5 with LQ4 block?