Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pcm wiring causing ls1 act funny

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 10:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pcm wiring causing ls1 act funny

So I have recently rebuilt my engine and I had sent the pcm to frost to have it tuned so it's been unplugged. I've been driving it for a couple days and it keeps bucking and all the dash lights will come on, it resets the trip, and then it'll go back to normal. And if I go over a rough part in the road it'll just go crazy doing this till it's not rough anymore. Anyone have any ideas? Know how many grounds there is for the pcm and where? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Thornton98
So I have recently rebuilt my engine and I had sent the pcm to frost to have it tuned so it's been unplugged. I've been driving it for a couple days and it keeps bucking and all the dash lights will come on, it resets the trip, and then it'll go back to normal. And if I go over a rough part in the road it'll just go crazy doing this till it's not rough anymore. Anyone have any ideas? Know how many grounds there is for the pcm and where? Thanks in advance.
Check the grounds behind the driver side head, there should be 3..

2 on one bolt
1 on another bolt

I've heard of issues when all 3 have been on 1 single bolt..

Not saying this is your problem but it's and easy way to check and takes a minute

Make sure they are tight..

Quick Reply: Pcm wiring causing ls1 act funny