Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Start up issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 09:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Start up issues

Having some issues getting my swap started, hopefully someone will chime in wit something I haven't thought of.
6.0 swap with 0411 with startup tune, factory harness re worked, stock truck injectors, ls6 intake, stock tb, headers, 3" x pipe into magnaflows. A1000 regulator set to 60psi. When I initially tried to start my motor with a set of gt500 inejctors,it started right up and ran for 10-15 seconds, it would pop and back fire terrible and die out. It was very hard to start It was suggested that I put the stock ones back in as maybe the bigger injectors were dumping too much fuel in. I cleaned and put stock truck injectors back in, and still doing the same thing. I obtained another ecu with a verified start up tune on it. Still wanting to pop while trying to start up. It will start and run for a few seconds, but almost immediately die out. I have verified with a noid light that the injectors are receiving their signal, as well as spark on all 8 cylinders. It does have ls1/6 coils with msd wires. Any suggestions on where to look for a remedy. It is not throwing any codes, and each bank of injectors/coils have a dedicated switch +12v on a 10 amp fuse. Thanks for any help to get my junk running..lol
Old 08-25-2015, 10:01 PM

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,145 Posts

What cam? Stock tune on a large cam will run eyes bleeding rich due to low VE at idle compared to stock cam. Might also be worth unplugging maf if you haven't already.

I trolled hp tuners repository for a similar setup as mine for the start up. That could be worth a try slso
Old 08-26-2015, 07:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's got a small cam in it. The maf is unplugged. I may look around hp also to see a setup close to mine. Thank you

Quick Reply: Start up issues