Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about buying new valves

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 02:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about buying new valves

I am going to get my heads ported and polished and have a valve job done and i was wondering if one kind of valve is better than the other? I can get 2.00 valves from summitt for $65 or Manley valves fro $130? Is the price difference worth it? Trying to build them on a low budget.

Thanks!
Old 09-14-2015, 02:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is probably better in the "Gen III Internal Engine" section but hollow intake valves are the best to get as you'll get better valve control and more high RPM power with everything else the same. If you're going through the expense of porting and a valve job you'd also be a little better off getting a slightly larger valve than stock.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Tripledigitride
I am going to get my heads ported and polished and have a valve job done and i was wondering if one kind of valve is better than the other? I can get 2.00 valves from summitt for $65 or Manley valves fro $130? Is the price difference worth it? Trying to build them on a low budget.

Thanks!
As with almost all car parts, you get what you pay for. Those Manley valves are probably a better material and have a backcut that the cheapo valves don't have.

Quick Reply: Question about buying new valves