Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Delete EVAP ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 07:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Delete EVAP ?

So the fast 90 intake I purchased has the nipple for the EVAP plugged. My question is how hard is it to delete the EVAP system. I already have my air/egr deleted. Do I need to just put a breather on the vent tube in the fender. Also is this something that needs to be tuned out ?
Old 09-26-2015, 09:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have deleted my EVAP. I capped the hard line in the engine bay and then disconnected the flexible hose from the fuel pump to the hard line in the rear of the car. Then I capped the hard line in the back too. This way the line can still be used in the future if need be. Then I extended the flexible hose from the fuel pump to the rear bumper and added a small air filter to the end of the hose. Its tucked up nice in the rear bumper and I don't have any fuel smell in the cab of the car with every thing vented out the rear. You will also have to turn off the DTC's for the EVAP system or you'll get a couple of codes pop up.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris25
So the fast 90 intake I purchased has the nipple for the EVAP plugged. My question is how hard is it to delete the EVAP system. I already have my air/egr deleted. Do I need to just put a breather on the vent tube in the fender. Also is this something that needs to be tuned out ?
I deleted mine long ago, you have to turn off the code in the pcm so it wont throw a light but other than that I just pulled the line off the steel pipe coming into then engine bay and ran a new rubber one to a breather in the bumper.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's what I did. Removed the line all the way back to the charcoal canister and added a breather filter on the canister.I kept it because otherwise you may get a gas smell since that's the vent for the tank. I would not cap it off it needs to breath.
Old 09-26-2015, 02:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Thank you guys I got it all installed and ready for a tune.

Quick Reply: Delete EVAP ?