Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All LT headers give about the same gains?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 10:48 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All LT headers give about the same gains?

I know this has been a question asked before, but i want to know if the more pricey headers like KOOKS, or SLP LT's give you more rwhp? I've had my eye's set on a set of Hooker coated LT's with True duals, but I thought if I'm gonna do headers.. I need to do them right. If their is any difference in rwhp about how much between the pricey ones Vs even the pacesetters

Also I was gonna see if someone could give me a good educated guess as to what kind of new numbers I will get at the 1/4 mile track.

I went a 13.3 at 106 with a 2.2 60' on street tires, and a lil over half a tank of gas. The car is an M6 Firehawk with an Airlid, and dynomouth exhaust. I know the car was good for a 13.1-13.0 on a better day.

By the end of the year, I'll have LT headers, true duals, stage 3 clutch, and a 12-bolt with 4.10's along with some slicks out back. With the addition of those mods what kind of numbers should I shoot for? I was hoping to net some 12.80's or faster but thats guessing a little high.

Last edited by Ohmyneck; 06-09-2004 at 10:55 AM.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dont choose your headers based on which will make more power - its going to be a negligable difference. Pick based on fit and finish - stainless or coated - wether the car is daily driven in a humid or snowy climate.

Some of the more expensive headers do have goodies like stepped primaries and merge collectors to coax a bit more power, but the gains may not be worth the added cost.

-T