Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lq4 ls6 pcv setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 10:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lq4 ls6 pcv setup

I know there is a bunch of information out there. But I haven't found what I'm looking for. Basically I have the ls6 valley cover, ls6 intake and the lq4 DBW TB.
Currently I have the stock ls6 valley cover line to the intake port, And a breather oil cap. Because my TB doesn't have any ports and my valve covers have no pcv ports either. So my question is can I just tap into my intake pipe and run a line from there to my oil cap for the fresh air? I want to get rid of the breather cap, and I'd rather not tap the valve covers.

Thanks
Old 02-21-2017, 05:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the same boat right now, except I'm using the stock lq4/lq9 intake as well as TB.

As I understand it,

- LS6 valley cover (PCV valve) should go to a vacuum source on the intake
- Fresh air needs to go into one valve cover port
- The other valve cover port(s) can be blocked off

Does it matter what the source of vacuum and fresh air are?

btw I've read that using a breather is not good if you are using a MAF sensor, as it let's in unmetered air.

Last edited by xEtherealx; 02-21-2017 at 06:28 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:31 AM
Staging Lane

I know someone has done this before...
Old 02-22-2017, 11:55 AM
Staging Lane

Ok so I've attached an image of what I think needs to be done, imagine that the intake is a truck intake though with a vacuum port on top.

Vacuum sucks dirty air into the intake through the catch can, coming from the valley cover PCV.

The vacuum applied to the crankcase pulls fresh air from the throttle body port into the passenger and driver side valve covers, displacing the dirty air being sucked into the valley PCV.
Old 12-12-2019, 10:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Older post but I'm in the same boat right now. Just trying to figure out what to do with the ports on the valve covers since the truck throttle body doesn't have the fresh air port on it.
Old 12-14-2019, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ozz1967
Older post but I'm in the same boat right now. Just trying to figure out what to do with the ports on the valve covers since the truck throttle body doesn't have the fresh air port on it.
If it's a stock LQ4 throttle body, it should. I have the stock hose from the TB to the passenger valve cover, then a hose running from the LS6 valley cover to the original nipple on the intake. I used a plug to cap the original location of the PCV valve in the driver side valve cover.

Quick Reply: Lq4 ls6 pcv setup