Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Backfire after lingenfelter lnc2000

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 09:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Backfire after lingenfelter lnc2000

So I installed my LNC 2000 timing retard. It's set to pull 4 degrees when my nitrous is armed. I can tell it's working correctly due to the light only coming on the box when the nitrous is armed. When it's off, I get some pretty violent backfiring after a long pull of between high rpm shifts. Is this bad? It's loud as hell and only after the timing box was plugged in. Car runs fine, just have some flames now. Also the car has the launch control feature hooked up, wired to the clutch. So I'm not sure if it's bad or just normal. Duals dumped, no cats.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Normal. Unburnt fuel between shifts.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No biggy. Just normal. How long have you had the exhaust setup? The reason I ask it's because I'm thinking you might have just experienced this due to the fact that you just swapped to that arrangement.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:14 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default backfire in exh with LNC

If I understand your description correctly you have the launch control activated by the clutch switch. That means on a shift the launch controller will be active trying to achieve the target RPM setting. It will do this by performing a spark cut during the shift. Since the injectors are still firing that fuel is the likely cause of the backfire event on the shift. The longer the shift the more likely this is to happen.

If you don't want this to occur on the shifts you will need to disable the launch control once you are moving. You can do this with a manual toggle switch or you can use our MPH activated switch.

Originally Posted by Sail Hatan
So I installed my LNC 2000 timing retard. It's set to pull 4 degrees when my nitrous is armed. I can tell it's working correctly due to the light only coming on the box when the nitrous is armed. When it's off, I get some pretty violent backfiring after a long pull of between high rpm shifts. Is this bad? It's loud as hell and only after the timing box was plugged in. Car runs fine, just have some flames now. Also the car has the launch control feature hooked up, wired to the clutch. So I'm not sure if it's bad or just normal. Duals dumped, no cats.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason Haines @ LPE
If I understand your description correctly you have the launch control activated by the clutch switch. That means on a shift the launch controller will be active trying to achieve the target RPM setting. It will do this by performing a spark cut during the shift. Since the injectors are still firing that fuel is the likely cause of the backfire event on the shift. The longer the shift the more likely this is to happen.

If you don't want this to occur on the shifts you will need to disable the launch control once you are moving. You can do this with a manual toggle switch or you can use our MPH activated switch.
After thinking about it I just realized this, thank you though. I assume it's alright to leave it backfiring? I mean I wanna use the no lift shift feature. As long as it's not hurting anything I don't care. Car sounds mean.

Also I love this product, figured I'd add that.

Quick Reply: Backfire after lingenfelter lnc2000