Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS stumbles under acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 11:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS stumbles under acceleration

This might be in the wrong thread but whatever

I have a LS swapped 1973 Camaro which was mainly done by somebody else but it was somewhat half-assed, but it drove and ran completely fine. One example is they just left the PCM in the the engine bay and I hated seeing that eye sore. So, this spring break I took the wiring harness out and finally reworked it. It started and I was happy. That was until I drove it...

The car at first jumped a lot more than I remembered when I put it in drive which was weird but I didn't pay any attention to it. The car began leaking coolant from the steam vent and stumbled during acceleration and sounded like it was backfiring from the exhaust it was really odd. When I would go full throttle it will stumble and then run completely fine, then when I left off it'd stumble a lot. The car idles and revs in park completely fine. So I don't know what to do and I don't have a code reader so that doesn't help either. I know it's not fuel a filter cause the cat has around 500 miles since the swap. The plugs were changed and have spark. I also painted the intake manifold, throttle body, and the stock fuel rails.

Summary: Car is a 5.3 with an LS intake and fuel injectors. Turbo 400 trans. Ran completely fine before I redid the harness. Car stumbles under acceleration and then runs fine and then stumbles. Idles and revs fine. Coolant seems to be leaking from the steam vent and pooling up it sometimes sprays on my windshield. I don't have a code reader so I have no idea. I unplugged the MAF while car was running and it did nothing different.

Thanks for reading and hopefully I can put this car back on the road!!!

-Jesse
Old 04-05-2016, 02:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Angry73
This might be in the wrong thread but whatever I have a LS swapped 1973 Camaro which was mainly done by somebody else but it was somewhat half-assed, but it drove and ran completely fine. One example is they just left the PCM in the the engine bay and I hated seeing that eye sore. So, this spring break I took the wiring harness out and finally reworked it. It started and I was happy. That was until I drove it... The car at first jumped a lot more than I remembered when I put it in drive which was weird but I didn't pay any attention to it. The car began leaking coolant from the steam vent and stumbled during acceleration and sounded like it was backfiring from the exhaust it was really odd. When I would go full throttle it will stumble and then run completely fine, then when I left off it'd stumble a lot. The car idles and revs in park completely fine. So I don't know what to do and I don't have a code reader so that doesn't help either. I know it's not fuel a filter cause the cat has around 500 miles since the swap. The plugs were changed and have spark. I also painted the intake manifold, throttle body, and the stock fuel rails. Summary: Car is a 5.3 with an LS intake and fuel injectors. Turbo 400 trans. Ran completely fine before I redid the harness. Car stumbles under acceleration and then runs fine and then stumbles. Idles and revs fine. Coolant seems to be leaking from the steam vent and pooling up it sometimes sprays on my windshield. I don't have a code reader so I have no idea. I unplugged the MAF while car was running and it did nothing different. Thanks for reading and hopefully I can put this car back on the road!!! -Jesse
I recently went through this on my buddies 5.3 swapped c10

After scanning it we realized the o2 sensors weren't reading correctly and after some testing we swapped the o2 harnesses from left to right and that fixed it.

Try swapping your o2 sensor harnesses, you may have crossed them.

This is my best guess without having any further info about what's going on in your tune.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Burken01
I recently went through this on my buddies 5.3 swapped c10

After scanning it we realized the o2 sensors weren't reading correctly and after some testing we swapped the o2 harnesses from left to right and that fixed it.

Try swapping your o2 sensor harnesses, you may have crossed them.

This is my best guess without having any further info about what's going on in your tune.
Hmm I do remember seeing a Bank 1 and Bank 2 but I didn't think much of it but I think I'll try it out tommorow.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:43 AM
TECH Addict

Hmm I do remember seeing a Bank 1 and Bank 2 but I didn't think much of it but I think I'll try it out tommorow.
Bank 1 (driverside) sensor 1 is the pre cat sensor, bank 1 sensor 2 is post cat

Same for the passenger side bank 2

I'm assuming you deleted the rear o'2s?
Old 04-06-2016, 12:28 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Burken01
Bank 1 (driverside) sensor 1 is the pre cat sensor, bank 1 sensor 2 is post cat

Same for the passenger side bank 2

I'm assuming you deleted the rear o'2s?
I swapped the plugs and now the car runs BEAUTIFULLY!! Thank you!
Old 04-06-2016, 03:57 PM
TECH Addict

I swapped the plugs and now the car runs BEAUTIFULLY!! Thank you!
sweet!

Quick Reply: LS stumbles under acceleration