Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lq4 build, what size throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 03:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lq4 build, what size throttle body

Hey guys, I'm new to the page was was hoping some of you guys could help me along with this build I wasn't to start in the fall. The goal at first is to start with an lq4, port the heads and do a cam swap to make a bit over 400 hp. Later on though I would like to add a single or twin turbos, make 600hp, with a boost controller so I could keep it tame on the streets. I'm new to forced induction, so I'm not sure what turbo(s) I want to run, but that will come later anyways. So, for the initial build, I was going to replace the rotating assembly with forged internals, I don't think I necessarily need to, but I'd like to with the expectation that I will be using boost later on. Then I know it will be fairly easy to make 600hp with stock heads and boost, so I was planning on porting them just so I could make good power n/a in the meantime, and I would swap the cam, maybe with an ls6 one or a little more aggressive, which I think would get me over the 400hp mark. I wanted to replace the intake with a Holley duel throttle body part# 300-121 or a single throttle body one. I like the look better, but I'm not sure if I would benefit from dual TB's once I'm running turbos, I really don't know. I'm not sure, if I went with that style intake, what size (cfm) throttle body is need for 450 hp (and 600 later on). I don't know if any of that makes sense, but if any of you guys could give me input, that'd be great!

Quick Reply: Lq4 build, what size throttle body