Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idle & Misfire Codes after an LS6 Intake Install??

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 09:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Idle & Misfire Codes after an LS6 Intake Install??

Anyone got anything for me to check? I reused the stock gaskets like I was told to do since my new intake didn't come with any and NO I did not break the oil pressure sending unit (I have plenty of pressure)

I sprayed some carb cleaner and didn't get any raised idle. The car seemed to run fine after I cleared the misfire codes a few times with Atap. Is there something I should have done with Edit?

It ran fine yesterday once it heated up and then today again it was idling very rough with a flashing SES light for the P04(?) Engine Misfire code.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:06 PM
11 Second Club

I may have just had a retarded moment.... I just ataped again and noticed that cyl 5 & 7 seemed to have quite the misfire count in the history. I then pulled the lid off to check the TB bolts and they were good but the ones on the intake seemed to be semi-loose. I know it says to do them to 89 in/lbs and that is almost nothing and I couldn't get a torque wrench back in there with my only 8mm socket so I felt around and sure as hell the little mounting braket that was on the drivers side that mounted to the intake was loose enough to let me rattle it.

I tightened down all the bolts and cleared the code and now I don't seem to be getting the code... although that was the case yesterday as well. It is weird that the bolts worked themselves out (unless I just did them way to loose to begin with)

I guess I'll take it out tomorrow and see what happens.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:12 PM
11 Second Club

It is back again.... but at least it isn't flashing. I'll have to read it again tomorrow and see what's up...

Anyone got any ideas cause I'm about to just say f' it and get a set of new gaskets and pull it again which I really don't want to do.
Old 06-19-2004, 01:35 PM
11 Second Club

no one has any ideas on what could be doing this or cause the bolts to work themselves out???
Old 06-19-2004, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

If the bolts are tight enough, they wont work loose. You could have messed up the injector or coil wiring. Check those injector connections and also the coils. Then make sure you have the plug wires all the way on. I doubt its a vacuum leak. Sounds electrical.
Old 06-19-2004, 06:10 PM
Teching In

This happend to me, make sure all of your injectors are pluged in... One of mine was loose and did the same thing....
Old 06-20-2004, 01:28 PM
11 Second Club

Checked them again and the bolts were tight. I should have read the damn code first since I just assumed it was the same thing. It was not a misfire but a Rich code. I have had this before and it happened almost the same way. Seems like my car is fine after some A/F tuning except sometimes in 5th and 6th and lower RPM's. Cleared it and tapped and found that the average LTRM was around -12 in the lower map settings and leans out towards the higher end. I might have to adjust a bit just in case.

Thanks for the replies though.. I did go ahead and double check the injectors as well just to be safe.