Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me save my tips

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 11:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me save my tips

I am putting in a 422 stroker in the next 2 weeks and need to get exhaust set up very soon.

This has been such a hard decision, I love my Corsa and the tips fill the space in the back of my WS6 just right.

I could do a cut out set up and keep the cat back, but cut outs are just another potential problem. Not too fond of cut outs.

I could do a true Dual, TSP Rumbler X, but then I would lose my kewl tips.

I would like to go over the axle if I did true duals, so I could keep tips,

Is there a set up that can go over 3" or is 2.5 the only way on the passenger side?

If I do true dual all the way, can I put a cat back on or will I have to put two small mufflers in and then add tips?

As you can se I'd like to go over the axle and keep tips.

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-20-2004, 11:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would like to know as well i like the CME on my SS and want to keep them but i plan on doing true duals but how all the way to the back?
Old 06-20-2004, 11:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by popocamaro2
I would like to know as well i like the CME on my SS and want to keep them but i plan on doing true duals but how all the way to the back?
I have been going over this for a month now and still don't know which way to go.
Old 06-21-2004, 12:00 AM
TECH Resident

There was an orange car featured in GMHTP that was still running the Corsa catback. Might want to check on that.

Otherwise I would think that the QTP 1 7/8 headers with their dual cutout y-pipe would be perfect for you. You could essentially run open headers when you want and then close it up and run it through the Corsa when you want and keep the catback.

I have heard of cutout problems with them leaking which is why i'm sure you're wanting to stay away from them.

Maybe check into a Mufflex catback using a y-pipe design.....with the 4" catback w/ the 2 3 inch pipes i'm sure you could fabricate the Corsa tips on there.
I think running true duals all the way back is going to be a big PITA.

But definitely keep the tips, I love mine as well.