Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

weird vibrating feeling through gas pedal

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 12:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default weird vibrating feeling through gas pedal

The car is a 2001 M6 LS1, get a strange vibrating feeling in the gas pedal. I have a bad throwout bearing thats making some weird noise, don't think that it could cause this tho, what do you guys think? The throwout bearing is making a rattling noise at idle with the clutch out in neutral and i'm also getting an audible tick at upper rpm's that you can feel through the shifter. Lots of weird noises lots of unexplainable stuff. Let me know if you guys have any ideas. I'm getting a new clutch, throwout bearing, flywheel etc. I was told my plugs and wires look good, trans mounts were fine, no exhaust leaks. So i'm trying to get some advice. Thanks
Old 06-23-2004, 02:19 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Look under the hood at your throttle cables and see if they have come out of the bracket that hold them in place. That's a possible reason for the vibration.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

Does the vibration occur only while your accelerating? It could be your driveshaft; there was a post here in the forums a while ago about that.

Good luck!
Old 06-24-2004, 02:18 PM
TECH Regular

the cables look fine at the throttlebody where they are connected. Is there a bracket further back towards the engine? My car has too many weird little noises! Ever had or heard a throwout bearing go bad? It causes all types of noise. My mechanic thinks that if the throwout bearing is bad enough it can cause a vibration not just at the shifter but throughout the entire car. I can feel a vibrating in my steering wheel, under my *** in the driver seat and the frame of the car. It isn't loud but its there. GM told me its nothing to worry about. Trans mount supposedly looked good, exhaust looked fine, nothing loose eally anywhere. I do know for sure the throwout bearing is bad so this is the only thing i can think of that would cause such a vibration. I just found it weird to feel anyhting through my gas pedal
Old 06-29-2004, 10:40 AM
TECH Regular

it vibrates all the time. I know my throwout bearing gone but can that cause a vibrating feeling all the time?

Quick Reply: weird vibrating feeling through gas pedal