Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4 from carb to EFI. Few questions...

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 07:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ4 from carb to EFI. Few questions...

I originally built my LQ4 with an Edelbrock Performer RPM intake and BG Demon 750 carb, but like a lot of us I have changed my mind and will convert back to EFI. I do not have any of the fuel injection hardware for the 6.0, as my engine did not come with it.

Stock LQ4, stock 317 heads, only plan for mild cam. I am trying to find a good intake and top end solution for my engine, and I may can get a deal from a friend on an LS1 intake manifold. I believe I would have to have LS1 injectors, harness, intake, and just an ECM to make this work, but am not sure as I have never done EFI before. I also would like to use a cable throttle body on this vehicle, so I don't have to source a DBW TB and pedal.

Is there any negative effects to having an LS1 top end on this engine? Are there any limitations I should know about? You guys have helped me many times in the past, and I know of no one more knowledgeable to ask. Thank you all in advance for any advice you can muster.

I mainly want to know if the early LS1 stuff will be fine for my goals, or if I need to step up to LS6 or better (as far as intake, harness, and injectors go)
Old 01-21-2017, 10:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick update, just had a friend call me back. He has complete Trailblazer SS intake, throttle body, harness and ECM! Looks like I'm taken care of. Thanks for looking guys!

Quick Reply: LQ4 from carb to EFI. Few questions...