Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 06:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default headers?

Well since I have to pass smog, i was thinkin of just gettin some shorties. I hear that JBA makes a pretty good shorty, this true? One other thing i was thinking to get passed my smog is get some shorties and put the CARB number under the hood, then eventually getting some LT's. That way when the smog guy looks under my hood he will see some #'s and think ok i c some CARB 3#'s looks good to me. And boom i pass smog haha. I got the idea from this dude at a car show who had a 383 stroker kit and some LT's and had the CARB #'s from the stroker kit under the hood. But back on topic so yeah shorties, didnt really want to go this route but o wellz. I got to find the best alturnative
Old 06-24-2004, 06:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ummm...

Get that guys CARB #'s from the car show and put them on yours. Then just buy the LT's. HeHe.

Im not sure what to tell you but go get a little honda or something for the daily driver and make it a strip only car lol. IDK

Goodluck.
Old 06-24-2004, 06:44 PM
TECH Regular

My .02 cents is don't waste your money on shorties. From what I understand they are hardly if any improvement over stock manifolds.

Good luck
Old 06-24-2004, 07:18 PM
12 Second Club

yeah thats what i have heard. i am also gunna look for some cheap *** lookin smog shop and try it out there
Old 06-25-2004, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

i think every month or two you have a post about this dude. Vandal...if you want the lt's get some and take them out before you gotta get your emissions and inspection. Or if you are really worried about it, don't do it and work with what you got.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:51 PM
Launching!

Just get the LT's and pull em out and put the stock stuff back on when you need to get smogged. That's what I do.