Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3"overaxle duals, how?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 07:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3"overaxle duals, how?

Has anyone taken their 3" duals out the back without reducing to 2.5"?
If so, please tell me how you made it work with maybe some pics. I'm getting headers/TSP rumbler X in a few weeks and would like to bring it over the axle, connecting the pipes to my borla tips.
Thanks,
Kyle
Old 06-24-2004, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its a peice of cake. My friend did it with his Transam and it looked great.

He bought the piping went to a local speed shop and they bent the piping for him for 40 bucks to go over the axle.

Thats what he did.

Goodluck with yours.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:31 PM
TECH Resident

You'll most likey have to remove the upper panhard brace. It's an on going debate whether this affect structural integrity or not, but I know some people who are running without it quite successfully. If you have some extra money to spend and want the extra insurance, BMR now makes a bar to replace this upper brace that has additional clearance so that you can run both 3" pipes over the passenger side if you wanted to.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OH, SNAP! I just figured that more people would do it if there wasn't a catch to it, search didn't bring up anything. It sure looks pretty easy to me when I squeeze under the beast for a peek. This is gonna be a piece of cake , I wasn't aware BMR made an upper brace, I'll look into it...but I'm not too worried about that part.