Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slp loudmouth vs. cutout

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 10:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default slp loudmouth vs. cutout

How much difference is there between a cutout and a loudmouth. I mean the loudmouth it basically free flowing, so it cant be too restrictive. I know it still has to go to several bends but does that make a huge difference. Basically i just want to know if i would see 1, 2 or like 6 7 rwhp from a cutout. 1, or 2 really wouldnt be worth it to me.

Also i was wondering, I have heard of people drilling holes in their cats to get a little exhaust out of them. does that help? I plan to get headers withing the next few weeks, but if it help i want to do it b/c im going to the track thursday.
Old 06-26-2004, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tiger2o69
How much difference is there between a cutout and a loudmouth. I mean the loudmouth it basically free flowing, so it cant be too restrictive. I know it still has to go to several bends but does that make a huge difference. Basically i just want to know if i would see 1, 2 or like 6 7 rwhp from a cutout. 1, or 2 really wouldnt be worth it to me.

Also i was wondering, I have heard of people drilling holes in their cats to get a little exhaust out of them. does that help? I plan to get headers withing the next few weeks, but if it help i want to do it b/c im going to the track thursday.
removing you cats completely won't give you anymore than 5 hp if yer lucky... So drill holes in em isn't going to make a big difference... as far as a cutout vs. LM.... cutout will get you around 7 hp over stock, LM probably gets you the same over stock, I dont' know where you'd want to mount your cutout, but you won't gain anything noticeable, helpful, or significant by switching to a cutout other than shutting yer car up if you want...
Old 06-26-2004, 03:34 PM
TECH Resident

It would be that 1-2 hp that you dont deem worth it. The cutout just makes it easy to go from quiet to not so quiet.

Quick Reply: slp loudmouth vs. cutout