Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another gauge question... Where do I wire the tach?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another gauge question... Where do I wire the tach?

Hey guys, I hear the factory tach is horribly innacurate.. so I bought an Autometer 3 7/8" sport comp tach. I'm going to install it on the steering column, covering up the factory tach. My question is, power and ground I can deal with, but where do I get the signal from? Thanks guys!
Old 06-26-2004, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike94ZLT1
Hey guys, I hear the factory tach is horribly innacurate.. so I bought an Autometer 3 7/8" sport comp tach. I'm going to install it on the steering column, covering up the factory tach. My question is, power and ground I can deal with, but where do I get the signal from? Thanks guys!
Run the tach wire to the PCM, I think it's #15 on the red terminal, open the PCM covers and you'll see these little #'s on the connections, I ran the wire behind my dash all the way to the passenger side and there's this little grommet behind the kick panel that will allow you access to the engine bay, run the wire through there and up towards the pcm, just splice it into the wire on connection #15... good luck!
Old 06-26-2004, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

red 15... Thank you sir!!