Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hellllp....please??

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 10:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry hellllp....please??

ok i have a 2002 ss....all free mods,pro 5.0 shifter,flows(just muffler),nx wet 150 shot(soon to be dyno-tuned,160* thermo,k&n,superchips prog.(when not spraying,of course)and other lite mods.....ok,my question:i recently went cheap,and just hole-sawed 2-1" holes in my y-pipe....and when i rev it in any gear and let it come down in the rpm's...it kinda hisses or rattles(very annoying),and somewhat loud.today i used my sawz-all and cut both holes into one, thinking it would take that hissing noise away..but it didnt.do cut-outs have this noise to them?i love the mid to high rpm sound...it's sick!anybody have a possible solution or know what it is? any help is greatly appreciated...thanks.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea, get someone to patch those holes up. and no, cutouts don't have those noises. cutouts funnel the airflow out, with holes in the side of straight pipe its just gonna hiss its way out like any other pressurized leak. for $35 bucks cutouts aren't expensive, to get one installed isn't expensive. these cars, while they aren't ferrari's, don't like it when they aren't treated right. hacking up your y-pipe included.
Old 06-26-2004, 11:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just one question.. What the hell were you thinking? You create an exhaust leak and then wonder what is wrong?

Ok.. yea.. just have that hole patched, or get a cutout to replace that damaged section.