Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle Body Bypass Installation

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Body Bypass Installation

I just ordered a TB bypass off of Ebay. I wanted to know if there is anything special I should know before I put it on? I have read that during winter months it would be best to take the bypass back off and run it back through the TB. Let me know. Also, if anyone has had any experiences with the bypasses let me know how it worked for you. It was cheap, so I thought what the hell! Thanks.
Old 06-29-2004, 01:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless you're driving around in Antarctica, you won't have to worry about taking the bypass out for the winter. Also, it is a very easy thing to do, but you won't really gain anything from it.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
Unless you're driving around in Antarctica, you won't have to worry about taking the bypass out for the winter. Also, it is a very easy thing to do, but you won't really gain anything from it.
I snooped around a little on the internet and talked with a fellow fbody owner and I seem to be getting consistent info that it will put about 6 more ponies to the wheels and improve throttle response. Thanks for the info about not having to take it off!